How To Come Up With Original Narrative Essay Topics
Narrative essays will often require you to look at ideas, situations, events or other things that you might have had experience of or, alternatively, how you might imagine them to be. Ultimately, this form of academic writing can be relatively creative, and might often require you to use a great deal of imagination.
Another important thing to be aware of when it comes to narrative essay writing is that you should compose the work as if you were writing a story. Therefore, the narrative style that is required can be quite different to other writing styles. It is also worth noting that this style of writing is applicable not only for fictional writing, but also when writing about real-life events and other non-fictional topics.
Essentially, therefore, when it comes to thinking of good topics to write about, you should consider whether or not any ideas that you have would be appropriate for this style of writing, and whether or not you can think of enough ideas for any particular topic, so as to create a story-like essay.
A good way to think of ideas can be to use brainstorming techniques. For example, you might spend a few minutes simply making a list of any words or ideas that you can think of. These ideas do not necessarily need to be perfect for writing about straight away, but you can then use them as the basis of inspiration for subsequent ideas. For example, you might note down a particular word or phrase which you can then expand on, so as to think of a range of new ideas.
As well as brainstorming, you might also find some inspiration from the list of ideas that have been included below.
- A profession or career that I would like to be involved in when I grow up
- An embarrassing event that occurred to me
- What I would do if I could be president for one week
- The top five cities that I would like to visit in my lifetime
- If I could play a character from a film for one day in real life, but character would be
- If I could become a famous and successful sportster
- My greatest ever achievement
- The thing that I am least proud
- One regret that I wish that I could go back and change
- My idea of a perfect and original wedding day