Academic Writing Tutorial: 10 Sample Dissertation Titles
A dissertation is a big deal in your academic career. You are looking at obtaining your PhD, becoming a voice in your industry, and having some or all of the paper published. The biggest step might just be picking a topic for your dissertation. The review board will want you to carefully pick a fresh title with a bit of traditional components. You want your paper to be unique and show your innovative side concerning your field. Yet, you also want your paper to show an appreciation for the history of your industry or field. Consider some of the following topics for your dissertation paper.
- Criminal Justice Topic-how the police force has changed with the times and demographics in New York City
- Business Topic-consider the large amount of technology gurus who have come from the California area and why
- Science Topic-how the world can be a greener place with little to no effort on their part
- Health Topic-medical marijuana and the facts surrounding the controversy
- Education Topic-research and write about how destructive core standards are to the learning process of a child
- Film Topic-what happens when another country holds the industry captive to their demands concerning censoring and censorship
- Social Studies or Law Topic-should and can the United States maintain a normalized relationship with Cuba
- Literature Topic-any time you can write about a new trend or a new writer and relate that trend or person to a writer of the past, you can come up with a strong dissertation
- Mathematics Topic-explore the field and how new math really does exist and is being discovered every day in the field of technology
- Political Science Topic-the world is ever changing, but many of the changes are similar to events from the past, consider one such topic for your dissertation
As you look for a dissertation topic, use this list for help. You can also look at magazines and other periodicals concerning your major, talk to your professors and advisor, read business news, search social media, peruse trending news events, or reach out to the experts in your major in an effort to find the best dissertation topic for you. Remember to keep it fresh, but to not ignore the standards and history of your major and field either. A great topic will do both and will be your best piece of writing ever.